Madam Curator here, and I want to begin by saying how thrilled I am by all of you who have pinged to ask how you can share your #realworldsex video. I know that, for some of you, this is not a light decision and I love you for even considering it.
In these early days of mlnp.tv, I thought it would be helpful to everyone who’s considering sharing to offer a quick recap of what we are looking for.
What do we mean by #realworldsex?
#realworldsex is sex. It is whatever you experience it to be in your real world sex life. It is every flavor under the rainbow (hell, it is the rainbow) – whether it’s one person having a really good time all on their ownsome, two people, multiple partners, etc. All combinations of genders and sexual orientations are totally cool with us.
A few basics for those of you looking to contribute
While working with our very first makelovenotpornstars, I’ve found it helpful to direct them to Vimeo video school and some cool gadgets that help enhance the shooting experience while you focus on the #realworldsexing experience (iphone boom mic, anyone?). If you’ve got some gadget suggestions of your own, feel free to share them in the comments.
- Ignore the camera, as best you can (it’s tough sometimes, I know). Please don’t make it a performance. If that’s your thing, there are plenty of other sites out there for you 🙂
- You don’t need a super fancy camera in order to have your video appear on MLNP.tv. If you have one, great, but if not your phone works a treat!
- Carry your video camera around with you wherever you go – if you’re using your phone, so much the better – so you’ll be ready and able to whip it out when the moment strikes. That way, you’ll feel less like you’re in the middle of a #realworldsex shoot and more like you’re just doing your thang.
- Or just set your camera up in your bedroom, or your apartment, and start it running early on, so you can forget it’s even there.
- Before you do, though, make sure your lens is clean, make sure your battery is charged and make sure you have space on your memory card. Got it? Good.
- Capture the lead in and what happens after (bloopers and all) – these are the moments that we never get to see otherwise.
- Please, please, please don’t get hung up on ‘perfection’. We love #realworldsex in all its messy, silly, sticky, awkward complexity.
Finally, practice, practice, practice (lucky you!). Shoot a lot and don’t worry about getting the perfect shot the first time around. Just enjoy yourself. It’s really just that simple.
Got some super duper specific questions that haven’t been answered by visiting mlnp.tv’s How this works page? Feel free to contact me at Sarah@makelovenotporn.tv, where I’ll be standing by forever and always.