The ideal candidate(s) are highly self-motivated with great communication and organizational skills and a passion for spreading the MakeLoveNotPorn message. Attention to detail and a strong interest in mastering the behind the scenes work that contributes to keeping a sextech start-up running are a must.
The majority of this work will be done remotely and independently, with some of the time spent working alongside Madam Curator. This is a great opportunity for a student or recent graduate to contribute to something they feel passionate about. The right candidate(s) are those who’ll dazzle us so much with their commitment and skill that we’ll have no choice but to hire them down the line!
We hate that we’re not yet in a place where we can pay more staff. We’re a tiny, bootstrapping team with currently only 1 person paid full time and 2 people working part time (Cindy isn’t paid for the work she does as founder and CEO). As the forward-thinking venture that we are, we’re always looking for the right people to add to our team when the time, and more importantly – funding – comes. We’re proud to say that assistant curator, Ariel, started out as an unpaid intern and has now worked with us paid for 2 years.
Hours: 2-5 hrs/week
Community manager responsibilities
Monitoring traffic to MakeLoveNotPorn.com and filing reports.
Monitoring and responding to comments on MLNP.com.
Occasional online outreach and promotion using Twitter, Tumblr, Instagram, Facebook.
Video editor responsibilities
- Basic editing of SFW videos to post on social media channels.
- Creation of original SFW content to post on social media.
- Occasional editing related to public screenings.
Must be Montreal or NYC-based.
Must meet or exceed expectations regarding self-motivation, organization and communication. You have experience prioritizing tasks and taking the workload of team members into account when doing so.
Must demonstrate passion and familiarity with MLNP.tv and its mission.
Community manager: familiarity with or strong interest in Google analytics, experience with reddit a huge plus.
Video editor: familiarity with or strong interest in creating videos for social media platforms such as Instagram, YouTube, etc.
- Must be available 5hrs/week on a consistent schedule and be comfortable working independently within a deadline-oriented context that sometimes requires flexibility around when hours are completed.
- Must be 100% reliable – you are the kind of person who always shows up or communicates instantly if they can’t.
- For both: some experience and/or a strong interest in community management, social media marketing and data collection/analysis.
Interested candidates: please send an email outlining relevant experience and skills and explaining why you want to be our community manager/video editor to Sarah@makelovenotporn.tv.